Epson or Seiko Epson Corporation is a Japanese electronics company and one of the world’s largest manufacturers of the printers and imaging and information related equipment. This Epson brand has always been known for delivering high quality printing products like the printers, scanners and ink cartridges. Epson produces the inkjet as well as the laser technology based printing equipment that are quite economical to use also.
Epson Printer software installation and setup
You can follow the below steps to set up the Epson printer:
- Turn on the printer.
- Download the Epson printer software setup file from http://support.epson.net/ecsetup/ or directly visit www.epson.com
- Go to downloads and double-click the file.
- Install it.
- Launch the application.
- Search for the printer.
- Select the printer and click next.
- Select printer registration.
- Click next.
- It will re-direct you to license agreement.
- Select agree and click next.
To complete the setup, follow the on-screen instructions
Importance of Epson printer drivers
The Epson printer drivers are very essential for the successful, fast and smooth printer functioning. The users are required to check regularly for the Epson printer drivers and from the properties window of the printer, the user can inspect the live status of printer drivers.
The Epson printer drivers are included in the Epson printer software installation i.e. the user most of the times don’t need to download the printer drivers separately. These drivers however sometimes may need to be updated.
How to download and update Epson printer drivers?
Different models are sold in a different region so you need to download printer drivers from local website depending upon your region. You can use the following steps to download Epson printer drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
- Go to https://epson.com.
- Click on the support tab.
- Select Printer.
- Select all-in-ones; there will be different printer type available under this category.
- You can select the type of printer.
- After clicking the specific printer, it will direct you to the new screen.
- There will be download link of that particular printer.
How to connect Epson printer wirelessly?
- Turn on the printer.
- Long press the WI-FI button on the printer.
- Green and the red light will keep on blinking, wait until only green light start showing up
- Once WI-FI starts showing up the only green light.
- Click on the print button to get all the SSID and password key.
- Connect any of your smart devices with the printer using that information.
- To connect your printer wirelessly from your phone, you need to download Epson app from the app store or play store from your phone.
- Now, you are all set to print anything from your device wirelessly.
What does Epson printer offline means and how to bring back Epson printer from offline to online?
This error generally occurs when there is a communication error between the computer and the printer. There can be various reasons for printer status to show offline. Here, we are listing a few fixes that you can try to bring your printer from offline to online.
Solution No. 1
Check physical connection
- Make sure that both of the USB cables are connected properly and if the printer is connected wirelessly make sure that Ethernet is connected properly.
- Try the end of the cable in different port if the current port is not working properly.
Solution No. 2
- Set printer ‘ONLINE’ manually
- Go to start icon of the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Select the control panel and then choose devices and printers.
- Choose to see what’s printing after right-clicking on the printer.
- A new window pop-up will be there, choose a printer from the bar at the top.
- Select ‘use printer online’.
Solution No. 3
- Remove and reinstall your printer
- Go to control panel
- Select devices and printers.
- Right click on your printer.
- Select remove devices.
- Now you can add the printer again by selecting Add a printer option from devices and printers.
Solution No. 4
Remove printer drivers from window 10/7/8
- Go to the bottom-left corner of the window and find print management.
- This will bring up a print management dialog.
- Click on the printer server.
- Under printer server, click on the Drivers.
- This will give you list of all the printers, right click on the driver you want to delete.
Solution No. 5
- Remove all pending print jobs
- Go to start icon on the bottom-left corner of the window.
- Select the control panel and select devices and printers.
- Right click on the printer
- Select to see what’s printing.
- Right-click and cancel all the printing jobs.
- Once you removed all the printer jobs set your printer to online again.
Solution No. 6
Restart the printer spooler services
Your printer will show offline if your printer spooler is not working properly. In some cases, this service is shown turned off. You need to check whether services are running or not on the basis of that you can decide whether or not to restart it.
- Press Window and R at the same time.
- Type service.msc in the search box and press enter.
- You can also press P on your keyboard to faster locate spooler.
- Check if its status is running.
- If you are not able to see status here, right click on printer spooler services and click start.
- You can also restart the services.
- Right click on the printer spooler and click Restart.
Solution No. 7
Add a second printer
If none of the above solutions work out, you can still set a manual IP address for your printer and add a port on your PC for them to match.
- You can usually find the IP address in printer’s manual.
- If you are not able to find it in printer’s manual, you can find it on manufacturer’s website.
- Press window and I at the same time, Click devices.
- Click devices and printers.
- Right click on your printer properties.
- Click on the port tabs and add port.
- Select standard TCP/IP.
- Then click the new port.
- Click next.
- Type in the new IP address, click next.
- Finding the IP address of a printer differs from printer to printer.
- Epson printer settings
- You can follow the below steps to change the Epson’s printer settings:
- Open print dialog box.
- Select printer settings from the drop-down list.
- Select basic setting tab.
- Click automatically.
- Choose the resolution from the drop-down list.
How can I fix Epson printer’s common errors?
There can be multiple issues with the printing but you need to know the issue before fixing it. We are listing some of the most common Epson printer errors:
- Check for the printer drivers that whether they are compatible or not, if the printer driver is causing an issue with the printing then you need to update your printer drivers and update it to the latest version.
- Check if it is a clogging issue. Clogging the nozzle of the printhead can cause this issue. Clean printhead if you have not cleaned printhead from a long time. If the ink level gets reduced during the cleaning process don’t panic, because a small amount of ink is consumed while the cleaning process.
- Make sure that ink cartridges are full replace it if the ink level in the cartridge is low or expanded, replace the ink cartridge.
- Make sure to remove the yellow tape from the ink cartridge because the tap can also cause an issue in the printing.
- Foreign particles like debris, dust or another particle can cause damage to the printer.
- Make sure to use good quality of ink cartridge because poor quality ink cartridge can cause printing issue.
- Jammed paper can also cause a major printing problem so make sure that there are no jammed papers.
- If in case you are not able to detect the problem, then you can contact customer support.
How to fix Epson scanner not working on window 10?
After upgrading your window sometimes your scanner stops working. You can follow the below steps to fix the scanner:
Solution No. 1
- First of all, you need to check whether the Epson scanner is not set to compatibility mode.
- Right click on the scan icon on the desktop.
- Click properties.
- Go to the compatibility tab.
- If the checkbox next to Run this program in compatibility mode for, uncheck it.
- On your keyboard, press window logo key and R to get the run box.
- Type services. MSC and click OK.
- Right click on Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), and then click Properties.
- Make sure startup type is set to Automatic and service status to Running.
- Clicks apply and ok.
- Check now if your scanner works properly or not.
Solution No. 2
- If this solution did not work out then you can also update your scanner drivers.
- To update your scanner drivers, you can go to manufacturer’s official website to search for the most compatible drivers according to your window’s compatibility.
Why Epson printer printing blank pages?
There can be multiple reasons why Epson printer is printing blank pages and we are listing a few solutions that can be helpful to fix this issue.
- Use the correct paper size for the printer
- When you use an unacceptable type of paper, your printer will not be able to pick it up and read it as out of paper. If you are using the right paper, make sure to align the edges and reload them into the paper tray.
- Unplug and reconnect and restart the printer
- The most common troubleshooting with Epson printer is unplugging and restarting the printer. To implement this, simply unplug your printer and reconnect it again after 30-60 seconds.
- Check cartridge alignments
- It might be because of cartridge alignment issue so make sure that cartridge is aligned properly. It might be possible that papers are not aligned properly and have exceeded the capacity.
- Check for debris and foreign subjects
- Any sort of blockage in the printer will not cause only paper jam issue but can also cause further interior damage to your printer. Just make sure that there are no such blockages in the printer that cause damage to interior parts of the printer.
- Clean/Replace paper rollers and sensors
- Sensors control pulling and feeding out of the paper. Make sure that paper rollers are clean to avoid any print problems. If they are not working properly, it means it’s time to replace them before they cause any kind of internal damage.
- Why is my Epson printer not printing the correct colors?
- If your printer is printing the wrong colors then you can solve the problem by using simple solutions:
Solution No. 1
- Go to printer properties.
- Click on the maintenance tab.
- To check the ink level, click on the “view printer status”.
- If the cartridge is empty, replace it.
- If the pattern does not print out as expected then click Cleaning.
- If it is still not printing properly then repeat the cleaning process again.
- How to solve paper jam issue in Epson?
- Cancel the print job from the printer.
- Pull out any of the jammed paper if it is still available in the tray.
- Press the B&W button to resume printing.
- Turn off the printer button the switch on the printer.
- Lift the scanner.
- Remove the jam papers.
- Press the power button on.
- Carefully follow paper loading instructions.